Mercury alarm

Andy1804

Cadet
Hi all,
I'm new here from England.

I have a Mercury four stroke efi 100hp 2008 model.

On turning the key I get the usual alarm check of 1 beep, on cranking the engine the alarm beeps again until started. Once it's started alarm goes off,

Do you no or think their maybe an issue.

Thanks

Andy

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

I don't think you have issue. So long as the motor has not started, the system is reading that the oil pressure is low. Once started the oil pressure comes up and all is good. Your motor should have two types of beeps.

1. Continuous six second beep: Indicates a critical engine condition. Depending on the condition, the Engine Guardian System may engage and protect the engine by limiting its power. You should return to port immediately and contact your servicing dealer.

2. Intermittent short beeps for six seconds: Indicates a noncritical engine condition. This condition does not require immediate attention. You may continue using your boat, however, depending on the nature of the problem, the engine’s power may be limited by the Engine Guardian System (see Engine Guardian System following) to protect the engine. You should contact your servicing dealer at your earliest convenience.

Andy1804

Cadet
Many thanks,
Is their anything I can do to prevent this happening or is it something that happens.

alldodge

Staff member
Many thanks,
Is their anything I can do to prevent this happening or is it something that happens.

If this is just during start up then it is something that just happens. Its the motors way of testing it self and also lets you know the alarm is still working. You could disconnect the alarm (not recommended) because then if something did go wrong you wouldn't know it

Andy1804

Cadet
Alarm goes off immediately after it fires up...so the low oil pressure when cold does make sense...

Thankyou very much for your prompt reply.