2014 Mercury 8hp help

Donald85

Recruit
First off, hello everyone from the "new guy." I have a mercury tiller that's got me scratching my head. I was out fishing this weekend, went all day no problem. Then, on the way back in, the motor dies back off the throttle just a hair. Still was able to keep it running fine within 90% of WOT. As I got within sight of the dock, she bogged and wouldn't recover to over 50% throttle. The motor is still fine thru the mid power range (hasn't gotten worse) but over 50% throttle, it bogs, coughs, then dies unless power is cut back to 50% or less. This happens whether the motor is under load or not.
Starting with the simple stuff, here is where I am with it:
Checked fuel vent on the 3 gallon tanks for debris/clogs. Nothing...open, clean, and venting fine.
Checked fuel line and bulb for air leaks after topping off with fresh nonethanol fuel. Lines were good, bulb maintains firmness.
Checked and cleaned internal wire mesh tank screen. Clean, no debris.
I moved on to the motor itself checked the air intake screen, also clean. I put the motor in a test tank, started it, and noticed the in-line fuel filter is filling, running almost dry then refilling with fuel. I decided to run the motor up (out of gear) and then hit the carb with a blast from the motor primer bulb. Everytime, the motor spun up and it was hummin like normal until the gas infusion burned off.
I know I shouldn't rule out the carb, but I am diligent abt taking care of it. Boat gets run 1 or 2 times a week year round, seafoam and stabil, and I always run the motor dry before I haul out. I'm leaning toward fuel pump, but I don't want to go throwing parts/rebuild kits at the motor until I get more opinions. Any suggestions by the pros here would be greatly appreciated.
Motor model #1F08201ER
SRL# 0R581118

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
To rule out the fuel pump squeeze the primer bulb while it's acting up, if it improves it could be the fuel pump or an air leak, if nothing changes then look elsewhere.

If using the choke helps, then look at the carb. (Not sure if this model has a choke you manually activate)

Donald85

Recruit
Thanks for the reply ondarvr, i believe the problem was found. A big thanks to Yegboats who hunted down the warranty info on my motor, still had 60 days left. Dealer said it's a bad power pack causing a faulty ignition sequence at higher rpms this morning, will be replaced courtesy of mercury. Free and fixed, 2 of my favorite F words!