install water pressure gauge 1995 60hp mariner 3cyl

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
You follow the directions that come with the gauge kit. But in a nutshell, you install a "T" fitting in the telltale line. Attach the supplied hose to the "T" and run it up to the guage. Connect 12 volts and ground for the internal light. Done. Didn't follow that? Then look at the speedometer. The pressure gauge uses the same principle but the other end of the tube connects to the "T" fitting at the engine.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer
My opinion is if there's good flow, pressure is irrelevant.
Mike

bike rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks guys, I'm sorry I was not as clear as I should have been. I bought a Bass Tracker with this engine, this engine was a replacement that the seller installed, none of the gauges worked, I didn't notice this until I took the boat out for the first time. I then made mention of this but you know what I was told after I paid for the boat.long story short, I just bit my tongue and proceeded to find all of my problems that I had paid for and repair them to make this a nice boat for me to fish from. I've tested and repaired the speedometer and now I have to address the tach, volts, water pressure, and find something to put in place of that 3" in-dash flasher hole that is left in the dash. Thank all of you for your help getting this problem solved as I attempt to move forward. I am a retired auto mechanic, but I don't know much about boat motors and gauge set-ups. Thanks a million.:joyous:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Gauges need +12 volts and ground when the key is on. The tachometer has a connection through the engine wire harness back to the engine. It connects to the "S" (send/sense) on the tach. The fuel gauge also has an "S" terminal that connects to the pink wire on the fuel sender in the gas tank. The voltmeter is just that. It measure the electrical system voltage to it needs only the +12 and ground connections. Trim gauge is just like the others. The "S" terminal connects to the trim sender on the engine. All of the gauges have an internal light. The "L" terminal on each gauge connects to the NAV side of the NAV/ANC switch which controls the navigation lights.

bike rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks a lot Silvertip,
I'll follow the instructions that you provided and get this going. Do you have any suggestions on what I can use to close the 3" hole that was left from a depth gauge?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Want a stereo?

54587_0.gif

bike rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks GA_Boater, that's a nice radio, I need to give that a little thought, what are the dimensions of that radio?