throttle cable replacement

nitro96

Recruit
hey guys, im new here and got a question...I replaced throttle cable on 1996 nitro with tracker 175hp...the motor will not start now...it will turn over but not fire..my question is, can I make adjustments on the gearbox control cable so that neutral lines up correctly at the motor...right now it is slightly back of center of what I assume is a neutral safety switch? not sure...any help would be much appreciated...thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

The motor turns over so it isn't the neutral start switch.

Does the control have a lanyard kill switch? If it's not connected or the wiring connections were disturbed while the control was open, you will have the crank and no start condition you describe.

nitro96

Recruit
Thanks man, I have checked the kill switch but I guess I need to check the wires good...

nitro96

Recruit
Well, I have found nothing wrong with loose wires or kill switch....still, motor turns over but will not fire...gotta be something I did while changing cable out but I have no clue...

nitro96

Recruit
Wow, talk about timing....it seems that my bulb was completely shot.....never even tried to fire, so i assumed it was something I did....but obviously was not even enough fuel to even attempt to fire.... Changed fuel bulb and fired up instantly..talk about feeling dumb....anyway thanks for the advice