Question

LEE MICHNAL

Seaman Apprentice
I'm new here and I was wondering how I need to post to get a lot of responses
Which I don't can anyone help

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Clearly and briefly state your situation and question, then give your new thread a short descriptive title - so it's easy for helpful members to quickly decide if they can help with your question

Include a few photos from farther away to closer up

Add more text to fully describe your situation - so those that are interested can read more detail to give more detailed answer

OR

Post something that "everyone" is interested in - that's a tough one, all people are different...

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Have you posted before without any answers? If so try it again and see what happens. Usually the reason people don't get any answers is because the members here have no experience with the situation and therefore don't respond. So try again and see what happens. JMHO

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm confused. Every one of the posts you've started has responses. Some only one reply, others have more. You don't need a lot of replies - You need replies that help you.

Another thing is several of your threads were started in the wrong section, for example Evinrude questions in the Mercury section. I moved all that I found into the correct section. If a thread is in the wrong section, somebody needs to use the flag feature. Mods can't look at every thread or post to see if it's in the right place. We try, but miss some.

One more thing I noticed is starting more than one thread on the same subject. Start a thread with your problem and stick to it. Multiple threads on the same problem only dilute the chances of receiving the right answer and is confusing to you and those trying to help.

One last thing - In most of the threads you started, members ask questions. In many, I see no reply back from you. When this happens threads die. You need to show more interest in getting stuffed fixed.

Forums like this only work when we all work together and if members makes suggestions that work for you, some feedback that it helped or didn't help is nice. All we can do is guess that the last thing helped you.

79_banshee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would also say to tell every one year make model give as much detail to what you are working on so its easier for the experienced guys to help you best

DavidMoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There's a sticky at the top of the page called "How to get the best results from your question"

Also it's about quality not quantity.
I won't respond to a post where everything I could advise (not too much if I'm honest) has already been said by others.