1989 Mercury 60 hp Stator and Trigger WiringI issues

Pusher

Lieutenant
Guess the two motors are not compatible, so a picture of mine will not help. Sorry

No problem, I have a puller on the way. Ordered last night and got some info on rewiring the stator from some other members this morning so things are moving forward.

DavidMoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Sorry can't help with flywheel removal, I've never done it.
By the kill switch comment I just meant is the little switch (where you can see "off" written in the 1st picture from post 19) in the run position i.e. it is up.
The electrical plug is for the accessories harness, drives the tachometer for example. You don't need it connected.

I wouldn't be worrying about plug 3 yet, just a bit of carbon. When you get the engine running a bit of sea foam in the first tank will probably sort that out. But 1st advise still valid. Buy, beg, borrow, or steal a compression tester, but check that compression.

Don't know what the pull knob is for, on my engine there is a small button on the enricher valve you press for manual choke. Your's could be different I suppose.

Pusher

Lieutenant
Thanks David. The switch was in the run position. I think the 2 hour drive at 70mph rattled the stator enough to kill the wiring. I'll try to rewire it a and go from there. I was already eyeballing new motors to my wife's dismay. Let's just say Santa would have to be on an acid trip for that to happen.

I'll do a compression test before spending any money on it, thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yes I am aware, and I did research our site first but the cart total was about $70 more than your "competitors". I purchase from our site when it is competitively priced (and have purchased in the past), but my budget is not open to those kind of surcharges. I'll try to omit links in the future and just paste in part numbers as text going forward.

We do price match.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I actually didn't know that. iBoats just jumped above the rest of the pack :)

It pays to be a forum member. Forum members also receive a 5% on top of that. On any online order use the Promo Code FORUM5. If you call in an order, tell the CS Rep the FORUM5 code.

The discount notice was in a header on top of the page and during the hippo switch over, it was inadvertently removed. It is still in effect and the notice should be restored shortly.