Oildyne Tilt and Trim System Mercury Blackmax 150

rjcamel2355

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys,
I've got a oildyne tilt and trim system inside my hull. I hate the damn thing, I've replaced the dipstick, and had to jb weld up a few pin holes in the reservoir, It's still leaking around the top where the reservoir joins the "valve body" for lack of better terms. It's the system with the bolt in the bottom of the reservoir.

I've seen these plastic reservoirs on ebay, can I swap out the metal canister type that I have, for one of these plastic types? or can someone point me in the direction of a new metal canister/reservoir? (I have replaced the o ring at the top, but it still leaks).

rjcamel2355

Petty Officer 1st Class
2 hose system. I believe its an 84. Its messy as Hell. I have a tilt and trim system that goes between the transom clamp. But I don't really wanna do all of that at the moment.

Dukedog

Captain
replace with "mercruiser" type (motor, pump, plastic reservoir) if ya have room.. may have ta do some "fitting's" (hose ends) alterations but is well worth it......

rjcamel2355

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got a link to one. Or what one looks like? Can I use my motor and pump and just a plastic reservoir or will it not go together like that?