1996 Mariner 125 lost fire

Keep my deck boat stored at Myrtle Beach. Left it three weeks ago running fine. came back yesterday and decided before I put it in the water I better start it. No luck! After starting fluid I checked fire and nothing. Thought about key switch. Can I run a hot wire to coil and try it? Can I hurt anything by doing this?

Thanks, will check it again tomorrow. Switched it back and forth a couple of times today but still nothing. Might try jumping it tomorrow.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
???----" Hot wire the coils "-------I think you need to review how the ignition system works on this motor.----I do not believe 12 volts from the battery is used to fire the coils !

waterinthefuel

Commander
First off, DO NOT TRY TO START THE ENGINE OUT OF THE WATER!!! YOU WILL RUIN THE WATER PUMP!!!!!!!

My dad has this same engine on his houseboat. As long as it's not the kill switch that fell off, it's the power pack. We replaced everything on that stupid engine to no avail. We called a marine mechanic and he said its the power pack. One power pack later and we took it to the beach this weekend.