1997 mercury 115 hp 2+2 oil leak

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
I ran the motor on muffs in driveway shut it down looked at the starboard side cowling and see oil leaked down. It is from the oil injection did not tilt motor up after running. Looks pretty tight were the lines are routed.

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
How would you go about to find the leak? Is the oil pump on this side? Thanks for any replies!

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Ok looking at engine this morning looks like it came from middle front cowling and dripped done, will check after work!

bwguardian

Seaman Apprentice
Follow the rod link from the middle carb down as it attaches to the oil pump. It sounds like you have a leaky oil line...maybe at a connection...

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks I changed I bottom fuel line that connect to middle carb, I also cut the oil line back from the oil tank, used ZIP ties that's what was on there to begin with ran engine on muff so far see no oil leaks. Question fact that I disconnected the oil supply line and reconnected the line, how do you know if the oil injection is working? I have some oil in gas tank now premix when I ran It on muffs!

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Still leaks after sitting for awhile lines do not look like they are leaking maybe bad oil pump?