Water pressure gauge line.

Bamhall22

Recruit
Good afternoon. I have 1993 3 cylinder 50 hp outboard and the plastic line has cracked. It has a brass flared fitting on the plastic line much like an oik pressure gauge on a older car motor. Any idea or links to flaring that line? And where to find the fitting? I have it all a part.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Gee, normally we run a semi-ridged plastic tubing, like on a speedometer. Using brass ends is overkill. as the pressure is maybe 20PSI. I would replace it with the proper stuff.

Jon4224

Recruit
Can you tell the size of the line? If I recall mine was 1/8th in. Local boating store had a bulk reel of it and, local hardware store has brass fittings that small in stock and on the shelf. If the line feels like its hard plastic it is likely all in bad shape and should be replaced, it should be fairly flexible.

Bamhall22

Recruit
Thank you both for the input. I was able to locate an automotive oil pressure gauge kit, with the brass fittings, I like the way they seat in the motor better then the plastic fittings. I stole the brass and compression flitting from the kit. Ran new semi rigid line and we are back working. Thank you.