Does fuel flow effect the way a motor pees?

tjakobic

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1977 85hp mariner outboard and it was not peeing very good lately. I changed the impeller last year but that made no difference in the way it was peeing. I replaced all my fuel lines tonight and also added a fuel demand valve. When I started up the motor the outboard was peeing much stronger. Could it be a lack of fuel? I changed the fuel lines because the motor was bogging down when I went to over 3/4 throttle. Tomorrow will be the test if the lines fixed that issue.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
If the motor was running OK at less than 3/4 throttle, I don't think the fuel lines have any bearing on peeing.

It would have to running really bad to make a difference at idle up to 3/4 throttle.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
The cooling system and the fuel system are not related. The telltale gets clogged easily. A test is to pull the hose off the block and see if you get a full stream when running on a flusher. If so, suspect a clog in the telltale line/fitting.

I am not sure what a "demand" valve is. Make sure the fuel pump is working, the fuel tank vent is clear and the primer bulb and antisiphon valve are working properly.

roonie

Petty Officer 2nd Class
perhaps something happened with the install of the impeller...it can happen