Early 80's 7.5 HP Mercury Parts availability Issue

rsamsel

Seaman Apprentice
I screwed up this time guys!
Working on an older (early 80?s) 7.5 Mercury.
I have NO IDEA how but somehow I lost a part of my carb while waiting for a rebuild kit. It is the idle tube. I have everything together except missing this one tiny part. It is part number 38 on the diagram seen here.
http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/297_30.cfm

Any idea on the face of the earth I might come up with one of these? Noone lists it as a buyable part that I have found.
PLEASE. I need all the help I can get as I'm pretty new to carbs and losing parts certainly doesn't help :-(
Thank you in advance.
Rob

Attachments

• photo244662.png
    photo244662.png
    70 KB · Views: 0

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Might want to look for a used carb on eBay. Never a bad idea to have a few extra parts for an older motor anyway...

rsamsel

Seaman Apprentice
Might want to look for a used carb on eBay. Never a bad idea to have a few extra parts for an older motor anyway...

Yeah...I thought about that just wonder how long it will be before one comes up. I don't see any on there now.

Rob

rsamsel

Seaman Apprentice
Still having problems getting this motor back to running. Ended up ordering a kit that included the idle tube. I was almost POSITIVE the kit that i ordered was the right kit but the idle tube is too big of a diameter to even fit in my carb. Long story short I got frustrated and reassembled with the parts i have. It starts and idles but DUMPS fuel out a hole at the front (non motor side) of the carb. I have attached a pic of where the fuel is coming from. That pic kind of looks like there is a plug in the hole...should i have a plug?...it never did before?...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Seems like such a simple carb but hard to find good info on parts and assembly. RAAAA

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited: