1982 Mercury 90hp thunderbolt in need of carburetor rebuild - Serial Number not found

krtburger

Recruit
I have an old 1982 Mercury 90hp Thunderbolt that has been sitting for about 7 years. I have it running but in leaks fuel from the carbs when primer ball is pumped and it needs starting fluid to get going on first start. Also bogs down and loses all power at full throttle. From what I read, I definitely need the carburetor to be cleaned and I need a rebuild kit for this but I am having trouble finding the right one and what else I may need to get with it like floats. The serial number on the motor is not what they use anymore. It is #6026610 and it is the 3cyl 2 stroke I'm looking for. If anyone could let me know what or where to find the right kit and parts to make this happen that would be awesome. Thank you

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
A 1982 90HP motor would be an inline six. If you are sure of the year, just order parts off the ebasic power or crowleymarine web sites

krtburger

Recruit
You're right, it has 6 spark plugs, its a 6 cyl. It has 3 carbs so I was confused. Thanks ill look on those sites