Mercury 3.3 2 stroke skinny pin with Carter Key type thing on the end

BloodyChamp

Recruit
That's what I need and I'm beyond confused. If I'm right it has a few names such as Tilt Pint, Thrust Pin, Tilt Lock Pin, Thrust Rod...Idk. The thing on the end doesn't really look like a Carter Key but it serves the same purpose. It's attached to the actual pin and keeps it in the hole down by the half circle bracket thing. I dropped mine in the water (I'm alot like Bill Dance...and not always strictly by the amount of fish I catch).

I've been Googling and looking on Ebay but am not able to narrow it down to what I need exactly because my used motor doesn't have a serial number on it, or the little stamp/badge/whatever that's supposed to be on the motor with all the information. And even if I had it everything is so vague, which I find silly because how many different pins designed to do 1 thing can there be for a Mercury 3.3??? Anyway I went ahead and ordered a "Thrust Rod" from here in hopes that I have this right and will have it by next weekend. I was redirected to that part after clicking on a different part number which was on the part I clearly recognized on the diagram, with the explanation that that part has replaced the old part. There was no picture once I clicked on a part number, or in my shopping cart or anywhere though...only the diagram. So after being redirected, seeing no "real" picture, etc...I have a feeling I've goofed lol!

If I've screwed up then it's small potatoes because $30 won't break me but I'll need to know where I could take my motor and get this part ordered. I'd been to West Marine previously with a general question and they were no help so they're out. Tallahassee, Fl btw.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

You could probably go to any Merc dealer and get the part.

BloodyChamp

Recruit
I think I found my serial number?

0D920819

That means I've ordered the wrong part which isn't available here. I can only find it through Mercury at around $70. Obviously I'll just go to a dealer now but this is frustrating... $70 for a pin that's theoretically inferior, and it will probably cost more from a dealer but atleast it'll fall on them if they mess it up.