oil injection snafu

bluediver042

Recruit
hello all, need some advice. I just bought a center console with Twin Merc V-135's, nice motors however one engine has an oil injection alarm going off,,,, and rather the 4 beeps, wait 2 minutes, then beep again it is a very quick beep,beepbeepbeep, that will not stop. A friend and I hooked up a separate tank with a 50:1 mix and troubleshooted that the oil pump shaft had no rotation, and the clear oil line was mostly dry. Test of the motion sensor was good but no go on pump shaft rotation which leads me to believe that the nylon gear on the crankshaft is bad..... great. I have read that this requires powerhead removal and splitting the case. This motor is from 1989 with less than 600 hours and compression check was 120-125psi on all 6 cylinders so that is good,,, it does run quite well except for the oil problems. I have read that this repair is very very costly and for the age of the motors is not really an option. Next is the aftermarket electronic oil pump replacement, of course for about $500, and not too crazy about that either, married and don't want to hear about that expense. Now after hearing from lots of people, and what I have read on numerous forums I am willing to go old school and premix my oil/fuel with a Quicksilver full synthetic oil for I have heard the synthetic burns a bit cleaner, doesn't foul out the plugs and yeah,,, I need a piece of mind for I am still helping out with student loans for 5 more years at least and well, have to deal with cheapest way possible. Many of my Florida friends have told me to premix, especially on old motors like mine. I take it that you can plug all the holes and plug the crankcase air line, so I gather just leave the alarm module and disconnect all the module wires except for the temperature wires. Am I heading in the right direction?, any help would be appreciated for it seems that anyone around here wants $110/hr just to even smile.

bluediver042

Recruit
well, after today and finding out the demise of Marine Solutions,,,,, I'm just going to premix, pay more student loans and have a nice relaxing time on the water this summer