Still not peeing

ready4itall

Seaman Apprentice
My merc 9.8hp just won't give me a break.
Changed impeller, flushed water down tell tale, shot compressed air down tell tale, hosed water up water tube, air compressed air up water tube.

Peeing droplets...so...

Took off power head, found water tube deformed, changed of water tube, reassemble.

Start up and its peeing a stream (note earlier was droplets) but its not steady!!! Could it just be that the pump is just sucking up air from prop exhaust??? (Testing inside garbage can FYI)

thdrduck

Seaman Apprentice
Are you sure the impeller key is in place? Also, make sure you have enough water in your trash can, should be about 4-6 inches over the cavitation plate.

ready4itall

Seaman Apprentice
Are you sure the impeller key is in place? Also, make sure you have enough water in your trash can, should be about 4-6 inches over the cavitation plate.

Yes the key is in place and water is over cavitation plate, lets say 5 inches

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Put more water in the test bucket.----6 to 8" above the pump !

Bow Guy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Blow air thru pee hose maybe something is blocking, try using Muffs instead of barrel you may be sucking air from the exhaust in the water, I had similar with using the barrel. switched to muffs and problem solved, the muffs help prime the pump.

ready4itall

Seaman Apprentice
Blow air thru pee hose maybe something is blocking, try using Muffs instead of barrel you may be sucking air from the exhaust in the water, I had similar with using the barrel. switched to muffs and problem solved, the muffs help prime the pump.

I blew compressed air through pee hose already. It's clean.
Instead of muffs, ill take it down to try on the lake in real conditions.
Guess it's just sucking some exhaust in the barrel...