Trim and tilt

Dfoxx09

Cadet
Hey guys this may have been posted I don't even know if I'm in the right section I just signed up for this form, but maybe y'all can help me out.

I have a 02 merc 50hp elpto 2 stroke,

I was having problems with my trim in tilt. So i was on the water and I couldn't trim up to plane out the boat in gear, but it would trim up in N, and once I had it up and started going I could trim it down to give me more hp. The outside of the motor was pretty shot so I bought a arco 827675a1 and installed everything correct oring and all and refilled my fluid with the motor all the way up. It doesn't drop either it will stay tilted up and not sage down in the drive way.

Took it out to test it and literally I could trim my motor up and get to around 5 mph and it would just plan drop under rpms. And would not go up unless in N,

Can this be rebuilt? Like the valves or like new seals? Or does it sound like a new system all together...

Thanks for anyone that is willing to give me a hand I'm a new boat owner... But mechanically inclined

Thanks again -dave

Dfoxx09

Cadet
Before I changed the motor id have to trim it up and lower it to plane out, now If I trim it up and give it throttle it drops all the way down.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral
You need to take a very close look at the part view to see the exact layout of the valves, piston and O-ring. It is too easy to reinstall one piece incorrectly and it will not seal a valve once loaded, yet it will make enough pressure to raise it in Neutral.

I use this site a lot, you must have model and serial #'s for all Merc's I/O and O/B's

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/mercury-marine-parts-lookup-drawings