Mariner Fuel Line Replacement

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
When I had a repair guy bring my '82 30A Mariner back to life, he replaced the rotted under-cowl fuel lines with those clear plastic/tygon/vinyl/whatever that the motorcycle guys use. They've held up fine for a few years, but, I understand use of these materials is frowned upon for marine engines.

​Finally getting around to my Spring maintenance, getting my boat ready for use. I'm thinking of replacing the clear plastic lines with more conventional (and safer?) marine type materials. West sells a variety of fuel lines by the foot, but I'm not sure what I should get for under the cowl. The same grey stuff I used from the tank to the motor? Other?

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Why is it frowned on, I have used tygon with great results and is it yellow or clear. Do not use the gray from the motor to tank that is not great line.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Why is it frowned on, I have used tygon with great results and is it yellow or clear. Do not use the gray from the motor to tank that is not great line.[/QUOTE

​Because it doesn't say "Marine"? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I read posts on here that said not approved/safe/??? If there's no issue I'll just leave it alone since it is still in great condition.