New control box not working.

Westcoaster Bob

Recruit
Hi, Bought a 2006 25 hp elph without contols. The gentelman did not have controls for the motor so hot wired it, ran great. I got new mercury control box and cables for it but when I hooked them up nothing, no crank no click nothing. Battery is good and am getting power through the battery cables to motor. Need some help troubleshooting whether it is the new control box or maybe the wires didn't get badk properly after jump starting.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

What new remote did you get? Is the remote in neutral?

Westcoaster Bob

Recruit
Yes it's in neutral. It will start with the pull start, and turn off with the key but will not fire ,crank, and the tilt/ trim do not operate.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
When you turn the key to the start position, have you checked to see if voltage is getting to the small terminal on the starter solenoid? If the voltage is there, then you either have a bad ground, or the starter solenoid is bad. I suspect you need to check the wiring again and the ground terminals. JMHO

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Got it fixed , just a fuse.

Great. Why did you have a blown fuse? Was it the result of the PO hot wiring? Need to know as you don't want that happening unexpectedly while on the water. Just for grins, spares should be in your survival kit onboard.