2003 Merc 90HP Swivel Bracket Removal

TrenchFisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 2003 90hp 2 stroke engine that has worn out splines on the swivel bracket and you can rock the engine back and forth quite a bit. I want to start ripping it apart to get the bracket out but I was wondering if there was a certain step by step process I should be following? I know I have to pull the power head but its there any secret knowledge I should be knowing? Any parts other than the obvious I should be looking at for wear? Thanks in advance!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I don't have my manual any more but one of the clamp brackets comes off first. I don't recall the power head having to be removed. I think a manual would be well worth it's cost. I surely would before I pulled the PH just to be pulling it, not knowing if it had to come off or not. Seloc is for sale here under Boats and Accessories at the top of the page. You can online subscribe for a time or outright buy it. I had both OEM and Seloc and liked Seloc better....more explanations and pictures. I did the online subscription...picked the manual, gave them money, had manual instantly.