1987 Mariner 25 HP B187219 Remote Control question

w2much

Lieutenant
So I horse traded and ended up with a 25 Hp Mariner, electric start engine. It came with the Command Control remote box with the harness and key. No battery cables and not throttle or shift cable. I jumped the solonoid and a ground and turned the key and it started right up. Choke worked and then turned the key to off everything works. I am a happy camper she ran fine. I need to purchase some battery cables and throttle and shift cables.

I have another Mercury control box from the 60's and early 70's the red kind. This box will not work on my engine correct? The harness connection is the old side plug in. Was wondering if the throttle and shift cable would work . Are they the same . I am unfamiliar with older Mercs and their control box setups.If the t&t cables will work then all I need is the battery cables and I am good to go.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
To my knowledge, Merc pretty much maintained the same interfaces over lots of models and model years. How about a picture of the ends of the control cables.

w2much

Lieutenant
You are correct. I was happy to find that the cables were just what I needed. The control boxes and the harness changed but the throttle and ship cables did not.
Thank You