mercury 60 2 stroke oil adjustment 1996

yatabata

Cadet
I'm ready to reset my oil adjustment with the engine on idle settings. The plate has a notch. Where is the alignment on the pump at? There is a post on the pump is that it?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
You can invest about $25 in the Seloc internet manual access and maybe save your $1000 or so engine. Just go to the top of this page and look under Boat Accessories for the Seloc catalog online subscription. It will help you with other questions you might have too.

tikki

Cadet
hello.

take of the link rod from the oil pump on the left side bottom carb.
line up the notches on the oil pump and the notch on the stud near to the pump. adjust the link rod to so it would clip on the carb.Skjermbilde 2015-12-31 kl. 16.15.54.jpg

Last edited:

tommarvin

Ensign
I remember reading, that you need to keep the oil pump filter clean, so it doesn't get plugged, and the motor breaks.

yatabata

Cadet
Hi all, took a break for awhile from this and did some research over the winter on this subject and many others. The best tip on the was from tikki. That is exactly my pump and the setup but will be testing it anyway to make sure the oil pump is working and not assume it is.