Mercury 25 Jet no water coming out the pee hole

Drewmc34

Recruit
Hi guys, Looking for some advice. My 2007 Merc 25 jet has had low flow out the pee hole since i bought the boat this past spring. The last time i took it out this fall there was nothing coming out the tell tale so pulled the boat out the water to not over heat. Based on what i have read on the net i tried a number of things. I have replaced the water pump/impeller. The old one looked in good shape to me. I pulled the hoses off the tell tale and cleaned them out with air compressor and they were clean as well. I was able trace the hose to the vapor separator (i believe thats what it was called and this is clean. I traced the hoses from the separator back to 90 degree elbow into the block and i am unable to push any wire/hanger etc past this elbow. I also took the thermostat out it looked ok but i replaced it as well. I am running out of ideas. I spoke with a local mercury repair shop and was told if the motor had water in it and was left outside during winter the freezing will cause tubes feeding from the water pump up to the block to deform/mishape not allowing strong water flow which would be 500 bucks to fix (anyone heard of this?). Engine runs great other than the pee hole flow. Any other ideas of what i can do or what the problem could be?

racerone

Supreme Mariner
I thought most outboards were self draining.----Consult with other repair shops in your area.---Consult your owners manual.---Mercury marine must have a 1-800 number you can call

tikki

Cadet
Had the same problem on my mariner 60hp 1995. the pee stream was not so big, just dripping. My problem was the hose from the block and out to the pee hole. It was some **** inside the hose. After blowing clean the hose and the little plastic thing where the water comes out it was like a Jet Stream of water.