60hp mariner every check under the sun

patrick1982

Cadet
i have a 1986 mariner 3cyl outboard, it was working one day no problem and the next it stopped. ive done everything in my power to try and resolve the issue to no avail. it just wont fire up, spins away no bother with no fire up. ive checked the compression 9bar in each plug holes. ive changed the fuel filter, changed the tank, changed the fuel, i found a tear on the fuel pump diaphram so replaced that with all new gaskets and diaphrams, ive taken out the carbs checked the float not stuck at all, cleaned the carbs with carb cleaner with all parts dipped in the cleaner over night. im lost as to why it wont start up.
when its spinng over the fuel wont come up and out of the carb pipe and into the combustion chamber. not a drop. why is this happening i cannot figure it out. any help please

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Does it fire / respond when you spray some fuel into the carburetors?----Even a bit of propane ?

patrick1982

Cadet
Does it fire / respond when you spray some fuel into the carburetors?----Even a bit of propane ?

yip back fires when i spray carb cleaning into it, its like it wants to start but just not getting any fuel, plugs come out dry when i turn it over without spraying any carb cleaner into it. she not getting any fuel into the combustion chamber. fuel pump works no bother.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Have you changed all of the fuel lines from the tank to the motor and on the motor??

Ethanol gas will eat those old lines up and cause them to fail and clog,...

patrick1982

Cadet
Have you changed all of the fuel lines from the tank to the motor and on the motor??

Ethanol gas will eat those old lines up and cause them to fail and clog,...

yip changed to new ones. there is one other thing i didnt mention, i have to jump the motor, by taking the starter cable and the red battery cable from the starter solinoid to get it to spin, it wont turn from the key. but i had it working by jumping before then the engine just stopped working.