1990 Merc 75hp 3 cyl - Stopped running won't start

slophry

Recruit
A couple of weeks ago was getting spart to 2 cylinders. Determined it was trigger sensor had replaced and mechanic said he tested and was working fine. Put it water this morning throttled up and ran great for about 1 minute then just died like I had turned it off. Tried to start it and nothing. Took cover off and realized that started wasn;t jumping up to grab flywheel which led me to find that battery had been drained. Switched to trolling motor battery and it turned over but won;t start. Gas lines, fuel filters, bulb are new. Also charged all batteries last night to 100% according to charger. Trolled around fishing and actually caught fish but could never get it started despite trying several times throughout the day. Also checked stator the other day and was getting good ohms readings. Also switchbox was getting good readings the other day too. It appears I went from getting fire on 2 cylinders, changing the trigger sensor to getting fire on 3 cylinders for a minute then no fire on any. (assuming I don;t have fire on any-havent checked yet) Suggestions? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Do you know it's spark and not fuel? Pull a plug and with the case of it against raw metal on the block, spin the starter looking for spark. On fuel, get Sea Foam aerosol, pull the plastic sound box cover off that covers the carb venturis and shoot some SF into the throats of the carbs and roll it. One or the other will tell you which way go look.