i have a 1994 mercury 150 xri

Lucky Paul

Cadet
well can any one help me out. with this 1994 mercury xri I have two fuel injectors that will not fire on the same side

Dukedog

Captain
how do ya know they aren't "firing"?

3 reasons.. ecu, injector harness (internal) or injector itself....

ecu fires in pairs...same signal fires both.. 3 & 4, 5 & 6, 1 & 2.. so 2 on tha same side pretty much eliminates tha ecu..

Last edited:

Lucky Paul

Cadet
so where I do I look at fixing this the boat dealer is just changing parts on me, thank you,

Lucky Paul

Cadet
well I took them off the boat motor and put 9 volt battery on them and they spray. both worked

Lucky Paul

Cadet
well I look at the wiring and it all looks good, it all looks like the ecu could be bad. it is all good on timimg just wont fire all of the time, when I go on plane it runs like it floods out and wont go and than it goes and than it does it again,

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like your loosing the high speed side of stator on one bank or switchbox failing....

Lucky Paul

Cadet
just two injectors on the same side the bottom two they said it is the e c u. we tried the 9 volt batteries they fire so what is bad. I just wish I can talk to some one one a phone

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Swap the injector to different cylinders, if they fire in those pkace the harness or ECU has a problem. If this is the case PM me ....