2006 Mercury 90 efi 4 stroke fuel problems.

fordrocks

Recruit
I am having a problem with my 2006 90 Mercury 4 stroke efi. It starts, idols and runs great but at full throttle it keeps wanting to shut down every now and then. feels like it's out of gas but if i drop to half throttle it runs fine.I can troll all day with no problems and it doesn't happen every time i use it. I have changed the plugs, fuel filter, oil, checked the pick up tube screen in the gas tank, added water remover and fuel injector cleaner to the tank and sprayed a can of fuel injector cleaner into the throttle body while running. i'm still having the same problem at full throttle, every now and then it feels like the fuel is shut off. but runs normal when i back it to half throttle. Could this be a sensor issue? anyone had the same problem with this engine?

jbcurt00

Staff member
I deleted your post in the inactive topic you posted to:
Did you figure out the problem? I am having the same problem with my 2006 90 Mercury 4 stroke efi. I have changed the plugs, fuel filter, oil, checked the pick up tube screen in the gas tank, added water remover and fuel injector cleaner to the tank and sprayed a can of fuel injector cleaner into the throttle body while running. i'm still having the same problem at full throttle, every now and then it feels like the fuel is shut off. but runs normal when i back it to half throttle.

Your outboard problems may have been similar, or different. You'll get help specific to your motor here.in your own topic.

Avoid posting to inactive topics. Thanks

fordrocks

Recruit
The FSM on my engine is located behind the intake manifold. Do i have to remove that whole assembly to access the FSM ?

fordrocks

Recruit
I found another fuel filter after the fuel pump so i'm going to try changing that one. Are there any other fuel filters on this engine?