Mercury 135hp out board

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Well that motor has both a rectifier and a voltage rectifier listed. I am not sure how that system would work.

You can at least test the rectifier on the non-charging motor and replace it if it is bad. That might fix the charging system on that motor.

Thank you I will test the rectifier. I read a few posters that said if you disconnect the batterie when the engine is running it will damage the rectifier.
Guilty I did this on both engines because the batterie was dead on one so I disconnected from the running engine to start the other.

Rectifier was bad i replaced it still not sure if its charging checked at the battery running about 2500 rpm in neutral voltage at the battery 12.45v
I don't know if this is next issue is related, with the engine at idle it will stall and wont restart i smell gas like it flooded if i let it sit for a few min it will start but same thing stall it will run fine at higher rpm

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
The easy way to test the charging system is to measure the battery voltage with the engine off. Now start the engine on a flusher and set to fast idle. You should see more voltage with the motor running.

Your fuel issue sounds like the inlet needles and/or floats are worn. Floats are not avail for some of those older V6 motors, so check to see if you can get them, before rebuilding the carbs.