1966 Merc 110 9.8 Hp Condensers!!

jaystersj

Cadet
The points were adjusted properly and cleaned. I have it running not too bad now, still the same stumping while idling up,, no back firing now, only when it is cold. There is no stamping or sticker on it regarding timing. SO I guess the manual is right. Maybe i'll take the carb apart and do it myself. Guessing the side bowl has to come off first to get the rest off

jaystersj

Cadet
I'm just wondering if its somehow flooding itself when Idling up, when it bogs down you can see the fuel in the tube on the side.. then it goes clear when it stops bogging.. would that mean the float would be set too low in the bowl.. ? Sorry for all the questions. I had working on carbs.. lol

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The float could very well be off, that happens quite often when someone rebuilds one of these older carbs.

jaystersj

Cadet
Can you suggest a good place to get wires for this thing. or a possible parts number For Spark plug wires! or is it just easier to make them

jaystersj

Cadet
Well figured out this today. The carb wasnt totally rebuilt. Just a new air/fuel mixture screw. I took it apart and noticed some wear on some of the brass fittings. So gonna order a kit. The float bowl setting was also incorrect. So set in to the proper setting. Also bought new points for it and looking for a wire set. Gonna take it for a spin in the lake tomorrow.

quicktach

Petty Officer 1st Class
carbs need setting up after cleaning and disassembly. Also look at your timing.

jaystersj

Cadet
The carb is set. According to the Chylmers manual
There is no timing adjustment for this model year. Theres no sticker or markings on the flywheel either

jaystersj

Cadet
Took it for run,, wasn't too bad, expected it to plane out a little more. But did a little more fine tuning , and gonna get the points in it , still bogs a bit till it warms up!