this motor no have a safety kill switch
i'm order one to installed
but I do not know where to get the cables to interrupt the spark

9MdGp3d.jpg

nH7uXFt.jpg

thank advanced

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
There are two ways to kill spark on that motor. The first is to wire it like the blue mercury switch under the wrap cowling, and ground out the switchbox. The second is to interrupt the supply of +12VDC on the white wire from the ign accessory post to the motor. The latter method allows all the wiring to be under the dashboard, however, you need to open up the MerControl box and wire the kill switch in series to the white wire. Also, the kill switch needs to be the "break" kind which opens when the lanyard is pulled.

Why do you want such a switch for anyway?

cuenta619

Seaman
There are two ways to kill spark on that motor. The first is to wire it like the blue mercury switch under the wrap cowling, and ground out the switchbox. The second is to interrupt the supply of +12VDC on the white wire from the ign accessory post to the motor. The latter method allows all the wiring to be under the dashboard, however, you need to open up the MerControl box and wire the kill switch in series to the white wire. Also, the kill switch needs to be the "break" kind which opens when the lanyard is pulled.
Is this the mercury switch?
29mENBo.jpg

Why do you want such a switch for anyway?
For safety and save a ticket lol.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Yes, that blue thing that looks like a condenser is the mercury switch. It will ground out the spark, if the motor is tilted too much.

When you say "save a ticket", does that mean a safety lanyard is required by law where you are?

cuenta619

Seaman
Yes, that blue thing that looks like a condenser is the mercury switch. It will ground out the spark, if the motor is tilted too much.

When you say "save a ticket", does that mean a safety lanyard is required by law where you are?

Florida .
boat regulation required a safety kill switch

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Florida Fascists.....no wait, the NY Attorneys likely caused this. I blame most stupid stuff on the NY Attorneys, and most of the time I am correct.

cuenta619

Seaman
@Chris1956
I'm planning installed a water pressure gauge
What is the mounting thread size to cylinder block cover plug

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I ended up using a brass tee to replace the plastic telltale elbow on the cylinderhead water jacket. I inserted the pressure gauge tube there. I would recommend you take the plastic elbow to the plumbing shop to match the size.....