1994 150HP Mercury 2 stroke alarms

JOESTAR

Recruit
my 1994 150 mercury 2 stroke has an alarm as soon as I start it up it goes beep,beep,beep reel fast I assume it is a high heat alarm. it is getting water out the tale tell and I replaced both thermostats. I also bleed the oil pump and it seems like its getting oil but I am not sure because the oil output line is not full. is it supposed to be full I can see a little oil coming into it. The engine starts right up but it does seem like it gets hot fast. Could it be the pop it. I have a book on it and it tells me how to test oil pump it says there should be between 6,15 & 7.49 cc of oil out the exit oil line that is not much I wonder if it still has air in it since the line is not completely full or is the pump bad.

Dukedog

Captain
oscillating beep is either oil (low sensor in motor tank, motion sensor) or water in tha fuel (signal from canister filter).. solid, continuous beep is overheat..

would recommend you pre-mix at a minimum of 100 ta 1 while you track down tha problem or do away with tha oiler completely and pre-mix at 50 ta 1..... jmo

JOESTAR

Recruit
Thanks Duke Dog I will do that it doesn`t have a fuel water separator just an in line filter may install a canister filter it is definitely a oscillating beep and the oil tank on motor is full and it looks like it is getting oil could there be another sensor on the motor or some where that senses water in fuel ?