2011 merc 60hp ELPT 4 stroke loses power at full throttle

Hunter6976

Recruit
I have a basstracker pro guide v-16 w/60hp 4 stroke engine. Probably 30 hours total on engine. Not much. Lately while driving around at full throttle the engine would bog down as if its losing power and will not run right the rest of the day. Engine runs full throttle at 4000 rpm & only 18 mph. Normally it would run 5500 rpm & 30 mph. If I take the boat out the next day the engine would run fine. Maybe 3 times out later it would act up again. I Brought the boat to 2 separate Mecury dealers who said that cant find any problems. Go back out fishing and it would act up again probably about 3 hours into trip. Never any merc dealers on any of the lakes I fish. So again I bring it back to merc dealer, who can't find problem, they would run the boat but nothing goes wrong. Everybody seems to think its a fuel problem but which part of the fuel system they don't know. I called Mercury headquarters who tells me there is nothing they can do. Especially now that its out of warranty. I'm lost with ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I documented this problem 3 months after buying boat. 2 years later same problem happened one time. Then not again. Last year 2 months out of warranty it happend again in Canada. Mechanic said they can't find problem. This year twice more, twice more in shop, twice more cant find problem.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Try running it on a different fuel tank, it's not uncommon to have junk floating around in a new tank that will occasionaly plug the pick up tube. When you stop the motor and drive home the debris drops off the tube and then at some time in the future it eventually plugs the tube again.

Hunter6976

Recruit
So I should carry a small portable tank with me and hook it up when the problem occurs again? Ok. Should I flush the fuel from the tank and put new fuel in also?