Confirming which Service Manual I will need

dmwisniewski

Recruit
Hello,

I just bought a 2006 Larson Senza 206 equipped with a Mercruiser 5.0L MPI engine. I'm looking for a service manual. I see that iboats does sell the SELOC service manuals but I'm looking for the one from Mercury. I've located Mercury SM #24. Would someone know if this is the correct one for my current setup? If not, which is the correct one? Also, would this SM include information about my sterndrive? Or, is there another SM that I would need? If so, which SM would you recommend? Unfortunately, I do not know what sterndrive I have - could someone help me identify it? Does Mercury typically pair a certain engine with a specific sterndrive?

Thank you for your time,

David

thumpar

Admiral
Engine and drive manuals are separate. Post up serial numbers for each.

Fun Times

Staff member
Hi there, welcome to iboats, the best way to ensure you get the correct manuals and parts is to know your engine, stern drive and transom assembly serial numbers. Anything else is just a guess especially since you're not 100% sure yet.

Have a look at these to help you find the serial numbers and let us know so we can help you better,

Where to Find Mercruiser Stern Drive and Engine serial numbers.
Drive units
In-line Engines
V6/V8 Engines

With the correct serial number we can tell you what you have....If you can't find the numbers then photos of the drive will be needed.

Last edited:

dmwisniewski

Recruit
Thanks for the fast reply guys!

I'll have to get the sterndrive SN tomorrow since my boat is kept offsite at a storage facility. However, I do have my engine SN available and it is: 0W623575

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
David

Fun Times

Staff member
I kind of forgot that having the engine serial number helps tell what stern drive is connected to the engine.....You have an Alpha stern drive so there isn't a real need to rush out to get the number off of the boat.

You'll find both the original manual part numbers and latest numbers below.....Being an 2006, you may want to pop for the newer ones for more advice on your system.

If you're by chance looking for a detailed wiring diagram of the engine then that is someplace else other than the service manuals.

Try running the part numbers on EBay too.

Your engine service manual,
90-864260T00 Latest numberMANUAL-SERVICE864260001 Original number$99.95$95.54
Your engine parts catalog is linked, http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selec..._nbr=884717002

Your Stern drive parts catalog is linked,http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selec..._nbr=809759+98
Your stern drive manual numbers below,
90-8M0065951 Latest part numberSERVICE MANUAL90-8181772 Original part number $84.95