alpha 3/4 water hose length question again

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
Guys I bought the mercruiser OEM seal kit and it came withe two size water hose. I have established I need the 3/4 inch. Now I have read many post on this forum and others to cut the hose. Yikes!!!!!

My hose is 14 and 1/8 long OEM mercruiser part. Actually it's a Parker series 7095 mpt 300 psi 3/4 ID

Here's one quote of many;

The water hose is VERY difficult to get in place!

Measure the hose to 13" and cut off any extra.
Make sure you purchased the correct diameter hose!
The hose comes in two sizes, 5/8" and 3/4".

Put the clamp loosely on one end of the hose...real loose......
and put a little soap and water inside the hoses end.

Now, push and twist the hose onto the transom tube.

This will SEEM impossible.

We'll I ain't cutting it till I hear it from the folks here that have been helping me....thanks and sorry for digging up old stuff but I've never done it and don't have a hose stretcher tool...

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
When I did mine (long ago) I found it nearly impossible to get that hose on the transom fitting until I finally just wound up unbolting the plastic fitting and was able to change the angle enough to get the hose on, then bolted it back on. Seemed to work OK. Make sure you don't kink the hose. I am sure others will chime in. It was wise to not cut till you are sure. Talking about #26 here: https://www.mercruiserparts.com/Sho...MBAL+HOUSING+SQUARE/SQUARE+UPPER+SWIVEL+SHAFT. Good luck.

Last edited:

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
Ok Terry. I have the entire assembly off the boat so I can easily get to the two bolts that holds the plastic hose in place on transom side. Thanks for your help.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
just where did you read to cut the hose? If comes the correct length.
get a can of "powertune" from a merc dealer

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

just where did you read to cut the hose? If comes the correct length.
get a can of "powertune" from a merc dealer

I used perfect seal and did not cut the hose. A little over 14 inch was fine. Had no problems at all. Very easy for me. DON'T CUT THE HOSE from mercrusier..
Thanks guys.

Attachments

• photo227112.jpg
    photo227112.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 1