Do i need to fill it

audiibassiks

Cadet
I recently changed the water pump on the engine block.. i looked but see no resivore for water.. do i need to fill anything up before starting the engine?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Tough question to answer,..... Ya haven't mentioned what ya got for a motor or drive,.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
No audiibassiks, when you put the engine in the water, it will fill up the pickup tube enough for the water pump to prime itself and start pumping. So no worries...

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Why ya changin' the water pump,..?? was it leakin',..??

If yer havin' over heatin' issues, have ya changed the impeller in the raw water pump,..??

audiibassiks

Cadet
It seemed as if the water pump on the engine was wobbling at idle it seemed to get warmee then normal but when giving speed of any it dropped back down

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Wobbling is a good reason to replace it. But the heating issue is almost always resolved by replacing the impeller in the drive. (Assuming you have an Alpha?)

audiibassiks

Cadet
No Title

How does one change the impler? Is it easy for most part? I have this part that was giving to me when i bought the boat. Man said these things always go bad so hears a extra one..

Attachments

• photo224538.jpg
    photo224538.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0

audiibassiks

Cadet
Thank you..
I dont think i can get to it today. What was happening. At idel the temp got hotter. When i put in gear and moved the temp started dropping back down..
Water pump on motor was wobbling. .
Is it possible the temp getting higher due to the water pump on the motor was wobbling?

Bondo

Staff member
Is it possible the temp getting higher due to the water pump on the motor was wobbling?

Ayuh,.... Probably not,....

audiibassiks

Cadet
Decided to tackle the impeller yesterday .. did not take as long as i thought. . Took the boat out last night for the fire works. And the temp was great.. sude note not sure if it was a bad impeller but as now been replaced.. but impeller did look as if some of the fins on it where cracky