Need Advice from the experts see pictures

jorgeoliva

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Removed the stern drive it's a 2000 alpha 1 gen 2 this is what I found 1. the water inlet looks weird not like all video I have seen were you insert the plastic piece into the hose it has an O ring outside 2. the shift cable has this wire outside need to remove the shift mechanison if I cut the wire can I slip off the shift part so I can remove the bell housing and my bellow has a milky grease on the bottom going to change the U joint bellow anyway has anyone encounter something like this see in next post pictures

jorgeoliva

Petty Officer 2nd Class
look like going to have to retake photo but it looks like a funnel at the end there a metal piece the funnel looks like its part of the housing

nateo

Petty Officer 1st Class
Disconnect the inner core inside engine bay and remove core from outside (just pull straight out). If still good you could reuse if you want to save some money. Might be good time to replace it though. Not sure what plastic piece you are refering to. water inlet on bell housing is just a hole with o-ring on outside. Are you referring to the plastic guide tube inside the overdrive (between lower and upper). no pictures in thread to "see"

jorgeoliva

Petty Officer 2nd Class
here is what I was talking about

Attachments

• IMG_20150629_090326.jpg
    IMG_20150629_090326.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 0

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
that is a pic of a heavily corroded housing. It is the water inlet hole and an O ring goes there. The plastic insert you mention is only on the Bravo drives for the water hose. From inside the boat, remove the cable, the outer plastic sleeve, unscrew the guide rod . from outside the boat pull the shift slide rearward to remove the core.