Bravo new shift cable running tether ideas?

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm at the point in my Bravo 3 maintenance to run the new outer shift cable through the new bellows that is already cemented/clamped in place.
I did route the old inner core cable run backwards through the old outer cable before removing the outer cable to use as a guide (read that idea someone on here in the past) as getting behind/side of the engine to route the cable by hand is virtually impossible.

Just wondering if anyone has any other 'tether' method they've used before that I could attach/run in place of the current inner core that i have there now?

I saw 1 video of a shop that used a fabric tether but they did not show how they installed it to the brass end that gets run through the bellows and up to the engine.

If no other ideas then I'll just have my son hold the old inner core from up in the engine bay while I push the new cable over it from the outside.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mark

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
acquire a old control cable , not shift cable and use its SS solid core to act as a guide. Has enough length to pass thru the old cable as you remove and will act as a pulling wire if you clamp the end after you slide the new cable onto it.