Can water leak in where trim/tilt hoses pass through the hull?

supercab78

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a slow water leak into the hull (about 1/2 gallon an hour) in 1993, 4.3 v6 gen II setup,, low hours & all fresh water use. It is stored on a trailer. It is not either bellows(new now but they weren't bad upon disassembly), trim wires or speedo tube. From what I can tell it's coming in BELOW the exhaust tube that passes through the transom. Yes the drain plug is tight. I can not find an exploded view or a picture of how the tilt lines pass through the transom. Is it even possible for it to leak water in there?

Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
TrimHoseReplace_zpsa4ac399d.jpg

alldodge

Staff member
I have a slow water leak into the hull (about 1/2 gallon an hour) in 1993, 4.3 v6 gen II setup,, low hours & all fresh water use. It is stored on a trailer. It is not either bellows(new now but they weren't bad upon disassembly), trim wires or speedo tube. From what I can tell it's coming in BELOW the exhaust tube that passes through the transom. Yes the drain plug is tight. I can not find an exploded view or a picture of how the tilt lines pass through the transom. Is it even possible for it to leak water in there?

It might also be the transom. Take a screw driver and on the inside of the transom down low, try to push it into the transom, real hard. If your transom is solid you will not be able to push it in. Hope it's the manifold as BTdoc illustrated.

supercab78

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Obviously I'm hoping for the trim manifold. I'll check the transom but the boat has been inside or outside with a good cover all of it's life. Y PIPE--- don't want to hear that one, Thanks for the illustration Bt Doctur that gives me some hope for the easy fix.

supercab78

Petty Officer 2nd Class
As a follow up, I got lucky it was just the trim hose manifold gasket. Thanks everyone!!