Double beep on 350 mag

ddbassx2

Recruit
I have a Mercruiser 350mag Bravo 1. I've recently started getting a double beep after cranking every 60 seconds then after 2-3 minutes of engine runing, the beeping stops. All fluid levels are normal and engine runs fine. Any thoughts?

alldodge

Staff member
I have a Mercruiser 350mag Bravo 1. I've recently started getting a double beep after cranking every 60 seconds then after 2-3 minutes of engine runing, the beeping stops. All fluid levels are normal and engine runs fine. Any thoughts?

:welcome: to iboats

Could sure use more info. There are so many variations of 350mag mercruisers it is hard to start helping without more info. The best thing is the engine serial number, the next would be the year. If the year is provided, we need to know is it carb or EFI

ddbassx2

Recruit
:welcome: to iboats

Could sure use more info. There are so many variations of 350mag mercruisers it is hard to start helping without more info. The best thing is the engine serial number, the next would be the year. If the year is provided, we need to know is it carb or EFI

Sorry.....It's a 2007 with EFI. S/N is 0W631085 in a Caravelle

alldodge

Staff member
Go to the power steering cooler, there should be a senor on it. The sensor registers water pressure and is the most common problem with the 2 beeps. There are some others but the water pressure is the one which fails the most. Without an engine scanner were guessing

Start by removing the sensor and cleaning the threads, do not put any Teflon tape or other sealer. Put it back in and see if it will stop. If not it may need another but could also be something else