milky oil Not a cracked block

flipbro

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys! Seams it never ends with my boat.. Ive put a new reman in my boat with vortec heads I had it out all was good except the issue with bogging after 4200 rpm. Well that aside Im now getting milky oil. I figured intake gaskets so I changed them out to the felpro 1255 change the oil and all was good for one trip. Now today I fire it up on the hose and 15 minites milky oil. ... and I notice alot of steam in coming out my starbourd exhaust so I pull the manifold and water just pours out of the exhust ports in the head and manifold. I pull the plugs in them four cylinders and there soked with water. Could this make the oil milky in a very short time?? I did change the oil 3 times and its milky within 15min on the hose Help?

alldodge

Staff member
Hey guys! Seams it never ends with my boat.. Ive put a new reman in my boat with vortec heads I had it out all was good except the issue with bogging after 4200 rpm. Well that aside Im now getting milky oil. I figured intake gaskets so I changed them out to the felpro 1255 change the oil and all was good for one trip. Now today I fire it up on the hose and 15 minites milky oil. ... and I notice alot of steam in coming out my starbourd exhaust so I pull the manifold and water just pours out of the exhust ports in the head and manifold. I pull the plugs in them four cylinders and there soked with water. Could this make the oil milky in a very short time?? I did change the oil 3 times and its milky within 15min on the hose Help?

Sorry to hear about your issue but I could use a refresh on your reman. Water going into the exhaust and into the cylinders or water making it into via the intake manifold will put water in the oil. Where did the reman come from and what did you or others do to finish the job?

flipbro

The reman is an iron clade from napa short block truck block. I installed a set of 906 vortecs 420 443 cam and a procomp intake. When I assembled it I used a cheap intake gasket and on intial fire up on hose the oil went milky in about 20 min cam break in. I figured it was that darn cheap intake gasket bitting me in the ass so I pulled the intake to have alook. Sure enough it didn't look write. So I got a set of felpro 1255 installed them changed oil and filter run it for half hour on the hose all was good. Me and the family hit the river for a couple hours and it run good except after 4290 rpm it would start to stumble but oil still good and clean. Yesterday I was messing with the timming with it running on the hose shut it down ate supper come out cheak oil still good. Installed a new volt gauge fire it up 5 min pull dip stik milk. So I drain it put new in and within 15 min milk again. Let me back up this hole time im getting alot of steam in my

flipbro

Sorry I hit the post button by accident dam smart phones.. any way alot of steam coming from port exhaust. I decided to pull it and three exhaust ports had water in them and all plugs were wet but not steam cleaned just beads of water on them. Pulled my riser of and an obvious gasket failure. Supprised it didnt hydro lock. Any way thats were im at.could this cause water in oil?

alldodge

Staff member
Sorry I hit the post button by accident dam smart phones.. any way alot of steam coming from port exhaust. I decided to pull it and three exhaust ports had water in them and all plugs were wet but not steam cleaned just beads of water on them. Pulled my riser of and an obvious gasket failure. Supprised it didnt hydro lock. Any way thats were im at.could this cause water in oil?

Starting to sound like it was an exhaust manifold issue. Yes, of the water comes in the cylinders it will leak right into the pan

flipbro

Thanks All dodge. Im going to replace the intake gaskets and riser gaskets then presure test the system.

flipbro

Thanks All dodge. Im going to replace the intake gaskets and riser gaskets then presure test the system.

NHGuy

Captain
Did you reuse your old exhaust risers and exhaust manifolds? If so check them for rust through. And check the riser-to-manifold gasket for evidence of water going from the cooling water jacket to the exhaust. Inward at the point where the gasket sits. I hope it's that, easy mistake to make and easy to repair.

If it's not one of those things, sure pressure test the cooling system. But water in your combustion chambers is more likely from the exhaust.
If you block off the coolant outlet hoses with line clamps you can pump up the cooling system with air into the hose to the thermostat housing.

Also blow dry those combustion chambers while the spark plugs are out and shoot some WD40 in there to stop rust.

flipbro

NHGuy I did just put the old manifolds and risers on They are in good shape.Only about 6 years of freash water use.. I poped the riser off and it was evident the gasket failed and that was my steam issue and hopefully the milk issue as well. I went out this am and sprayed wd40 in the plug holes. THANKS

flipbro

So I got my new riser gaskets and replaced the intake gaskets with felpro 1255 again. Riged up a preasure tester. Preasured block to 12 psi it droped 1 psi in half hour so broke out the spray bottle and soapy water. And its leaking around all 8 bolts holding the intake down. Yes I used sealer on the bolt threads and torqued to 20 foot pounds... This has me baffled any ideas? Should I run it and see if oil goes milkey im about at my wites end and going to convert it back to swirl heads and intake with 12 bolts that has always sealed in the past....

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
sounds like you need to put some PermaTex aviation sealant around the water jacket holes in the heads.then the gaskets ,and then a coat of the Permatex again on the gasket.

flipbro

Bt Doc I did use permetex 2 around just the water ports.. Its strange ive sprayed every were and it is just around the bolts. I don't even under stand how it's even posible I mean 1, 2 mabe 3 I would kinda understand but all 8. Im really second guessing this pro comp intake I got from speedmaster..

flipbro

I put the swirl port heads back on that came with the remain. The boat preforms well and will rev 5000 rpm wot no problem now and has tons of torque Im pretty impressed considering all the crap I read about how they fall flat at 4000 rpms.