OK, another confused boater on which exhaust shutter to order!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Sorry for being confused but I want to make sure I order the right part THIS time!
I did read many posts on this subject. Chris posted a good one and I THINK I know what to order. So bear with me...
It's a 2003 Bayliner with 4.3L Carbed engine serial # OM643729. Alpha 1 Gen 2.
I was told by one of the online suppliers that I need part # 807166A-1.
My pipes are the type with the slots and they measure 3" X 4".
The old shutters have the square type grommets that hold them in.
The shafts are about 3" long.
Here's what is probably confusing me: I bought a set from someone that were supposedly used, but they look brand new to me. He said they were # 807166A-1, but they are too wide for the pipes. Their shaft is 3-1/2" long and they definitely don't fit.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 0

tpenfield

Staff member
Yea, I don't think the new looking ones in the picture you provided are the 807166A1 flappers . . . they don't look right . . . your engine is supposed to have the "A1"

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Yea, I don't think the new looking ones in the picture you provided are the 807166A1 flappers . . . they don't look right . . . your engine is supposed to have the "A1"

Yes I thought so, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for that.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Bummer... iboats are out of stock for the 807166A-1. Good price too!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
They look like A2... That was used with a single piece ('batwing') manifolds. Your engine has, or appears to have, started life with the 2 piece.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
They look like A2... That was used with a single piece ('batwing') manifolds. Your engine has, or appears to have, started life with the 2 piece.

Ok, confused again! LOL. So is it A1 or A2?

tpenfield

Staff member
I think the confusion may be that the eBay guy sold you A2's but called them A1's.

Yes, a bit confusing, as I had to figure this out a couple of years ago.

A1 is the one on the right in your recent link, and that is what the parts diagram for your engine calls for.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I think the confusion may be that the eBay guy sold you -A2's but called them -A1's.
-A1 is the one on the right in your recent link, and that is what the parts diagram for your engine calls for.

+1.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I think the confusion may be that the eBay guy sold you A2's but called them A1's.

Yes, a bit confusing, as I had to figure this out a couple of years ago.

A1 is the one on the right in your recent link, and that is what the parts diagram for your engine calls for.
yes, from what you guys are saying, the eBay guy must have sold me A2 and called them A1. Ok, A1 it is and thanks for everyone's input.