Alpha One trim limit switch adjustment

Benny67

Chief Petty Officer
Just about to wrap up all of my mechanics (other than my lower shift cable issue) and was wondering if anybody had a procedure to adjust these "hockey puck" looking devices that are mounted on the sides of the bell housing.. I removed them when I took the bell housing off planning on just replacing them where I marked them with pencil but the pencil marks ended up getting rubbed off.

My "up" switch locks out of the circuit half way up, which tells me that something is out of adjustment in that area. I would also assume that my trim guage would not be accurate as well due to the fact I think that is where the drive position is referenced to.

I have the Clymer manual and it only covers auto trim for some reason. I do have a .pdf of a mercuiser service manual but it's a pain to sort through looking for the info. I was hoping someone would be kind enough to explain it in a nutshell to save me the time of looking through the .pdf file

thanks

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
up" switch locks out of the circuit half way up,

If you have about 21-22 inches between the bolts that hold the rams on your OK.The trim limit switch does exactly that. from that point on you musty use the trailer switch

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Pull the cover off of it and you will see how it works.4 Screws.It has to be turned so that the continuity is interrupted at the proper extension of the trim rams.