Mecruiser Impeller Manufacture Dates

My spare Bravo 3 impeller has a manufacture date of 5/2012, so it is 3 years old at this point. Still sealed in the package and has been stored in a dark location on the boat, and the boat is kept in climate controlled storage year around. What's the general consensus on manufacture date vs use on these things?

alldodge

Staff member
My spare Bravo 3 impeller has a manufacture date of 5/2012, so it is 3 years old at this point. Still sealed in the package and has been stored in a dark location on the boat, and the boat is kept in climate controlled storage year around. What's the general consensus on manufacture date vs use on these things?

I would suggest no more then 5 or 6 years. If your going to keep it as a spare then I wouldn't worry about it. If it failed, you replace it and at the end of the season you replace it again if it was over the 5 or 6 mark. I replace mine every 2 years and rotate stock. The Bravo style impeller can be a pain to replace but the failure as you know can cost a lot

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Tough call, but if it looks, 'n feels "New",..... I'd probably run it,.....