trying to start 4.3 liter motor i built on cradle before i put in boat

i ran positive wire to coil ground to block positive to starter starter spins,but doesnt engage flywheel ? starter worked fine last year. so my question is do i have to jumper the harness? in order to get the solenoid to engage gear to flywheel ? if so what jumper? its a thunderbolt ignition IV help !!

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Jumper power to the coil's (+) terminal, 'n to the starter's solenoid battery lug,.....

Then jumper from the starter's solenoid battery lug to the inside(motor side) tiny terminal to engage the starter,.....

achris

More fish than mountain goat
i ran positive wire to coil ground to block positive to starter starter spins,but doesnt engage flywheel ? starter worked fine last year. so my question is do i have to jumper the harness? in order to get the solenoid to engage gear to flywheel ? if so what jumper? its a thunderbolt ignition IV help !!

run a heavy positive to big terminal on starter heavy negative to block positive to the coil positive touch a positive to the starter slave solenoid red/yellow starter should engage and spin or the starter has a fault chris

Starter slave solenoid.jpg

Last edited: