Pre Alpha Trim cylinder casting 45520

Cheesedog

Cadet
I have a leak!!!! I'm trying to find pre alpha trim cylinder (used) or a repair kit with seals etc. the casting number is #45520. If anyone knows where to find this please let me know as this is a rare item. I'm from Canada and most eBay sellers wont ship to Canada from the states.

alldodge

Staff member
I have a leak!!!! I'm trying to find pre alpha trim cylinder (used) or a repair kit with seals etc. the casting number is #45520. If anyone knows where to find this please let me know as this is a rare item. I'm from Canada and most eBay sellers wont ship to Canada from the states.

If this is a 1968 to 1983 cylinder, here is a rebuild kit
http://www.iboats.com/Power-Trim-Cylinder-Repair-Kit-18-2291-Sierra/dm/view_id.172923

It is Merc part number 25-60342A2 or Sierra part number 18-2291

johnkom

Petty Officer 2nd Class
When you rebuild it the lower piston or "inner tube guide" may refuse to come out. When I did mine I got all kinds of advice including screwing a self taping screw into it and pull it out that way. What worked best for me was to use the self taping screw as a plug. Then I made an adapter for the hydraulic port to match my grease gun. I then "hydraulically" pushed the old one out. Good luck.

JK

Attachments

• IMG_0041 (email).JPG
    IMG_0041 (email).JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Trim Ram Cutaway.png
    Trim Ram Cutaway.png
    179 KB · Views: 2

Cheesedog

Cadet
When you rebuild it the lower piston or "inner tube guide" may refuse to come out. When I did mine I got all kinds of advice including screwing a self taping screw into it and pull it out that way. What worked best for me was to use the self taping screw as a plug. Then I made an adapter for the hydraulic port to match my grease gun. I then "hydraulically" pushed the old one out. Good luck.

JK

Thanks for the tips!