Trim stuck in the down position

stevem60

Recruit
I have a 1985 Bayliner with a 5.0 MerCruiser. I was cutting larger holes for speakers and not paying attention, I cut through some wires. Afterwards I noticed the sterndrive was down touching the ground. I connected all the wires and tried lifting it. Just a clicking sound from the solenoid. Tilt down works fine. I have 12 volts coming out of the up solenoid going to the pump. This is all new territory for me. Can anyone tell me what I might have burned up or what to check next?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
If the solenoid had 12v going in and you can hear a click and 12v coming out ,then the motor is bad.
BUT you need to check the current too. voltage by itself works nothing .Take a jumper from the battery to the blue motor lead to see if the motor runs.,

stevem60

Recruit
Thanks for the help. I was just getting ready to try that when I noticed the Blue and Green connector back by the transom. I found that the Blue wire going into the connector was not all the way inside the plug. I pushed it in and everything works fine. I guess I dodged a bullet on this one. Thanks again for your help.