alpha one gen 2 oil hose leaking

chris2114

Cadet
Ok guys hopefully you can help me out here. I hav searched but havent quite found my answer.
I have a tear in the oil line that goes from the transom to the outdrive. Its right by the brass fi5ing the goes into the transom. Question is how do i get it off of the drive. It looks like im going to have to take the drive and gimble ring off in order to facilitate the maintenance. I really dont want to have to do that the previous owner just put new bellows on last year so there just barley a year old. Is there any other way to do this. Worst case im thinking of capping the line off untill this winter and just check the level before each outing. I dont want. To splice it seeing as thats a tight space in there and doing that could cause some pinching issues. Any advice on this would be appreciated thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,... There's only one way to get to it, 'n you know how that happens, so it's yer choice of how, 'n what ya do,.....

I'd replace it Now, rather than later Myself,...

Last edited:

chris2114

Cadet
Yea thats what i thought.uughh oh well it will be a good project for the weekend. I would think that if they replaced the bellows they would replace that hose as well. Thanks for the info bondo.