used gimble housing
the gasket for housing to boat

new gimble bearing

on order
exhuast bellows kit
impeller

i know i need an engine alignemnt tool

what else is do i need

Ayuh,.... Are ya changin' the entire transom assembly, or just the gimbel housin',..??

gostephen

Seaman
Just the gimbel housing it's got a nice healthy chunk missing from the bottom left to right pivot

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
There's quite a bit of parts that come with a transom seal kit. From new washers for the bell housing pins to the the cover plate gasket for the trim lines. You may need the AL bolts at the bottom of the housing that have the anodes on them mine were ate away and had to be replaced. Take a look at whats in a transom seal kit and what you have ordered. I'm sure after you tear it down you'll find even more things you need.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I misread that that you're not removing the transom assembly from the boat.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
I misread that that you're not removing the transom assembly from the boat.

If I am understanding him correctly, he is in fact removing the entire transom assembly from the boat.

gostephen: This is the part you are replacing, correct?

DSCF1514_zps310c1beb.jpg

You are reusing your old parts including the inner transom plate and the "helmet" - correct?

You mention ordering the exhaust bellows, but do not mention the drive bellows. You are replacing that as well, right? You ought to go ahead and replace the shift cable and bellows while you are at it. Plus have a good look at the condition of the transom itself when you remove everything.

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just rebuilt that on my boat. I didn't find a all-in-one "kit" and any "kits" available were missing parts. So plan on making multiple orders. You'll need upper and lower steer pin seals, bushings, etc, gimbal bearing and seal and you may want to replace the tilt pins and bushings. You need the exhaust gasket and probably the lower through bolts with the zincs.

Here's how I held the transom gasket in place

IMG_6848.jpg

gostephen

Seaman
Yes that is what I'm replacing on the outside I'm not replacing anything on the inside of the boat
does anyone have a parts diagram for this

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
While I was cleaning up my workbench I saw something and remembered this thread.

Those bellows kits DO NOT come with "bellows adhesive". You have to buy that seperately unless they actually say it comes with it.