Aluminum water pump

LegacyT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone make a SBC marine aluminum housed circulation pump thats designed for raw water cooling? I know Dennis Moore used to make them, but has since discontinued due to lack of sales. Any info would be great

Volphin

Lieutenant
Check the Edelbrock Endurashine water pumps. They should do just fine due to their coating. I run a off brand Al pump, but am running closed cooling.

LegacyT

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm still raw water cooled. edelbrock 8819 is all anodized aluminum with non steel impeller and ceramic seal. Thing is its a short style pump but the hub height is 3/16" further out. So that would require shimming all the pulleys out as well. Pilot shaft is also thicker 3/4" over the standard 5/8". Which if you want to mod everything it would work well... I might just go with a standard iron pump for installation ease. I've already removed ~110 lbs off the engine with new exhaust and aluminum intake that's holding up just fine with raw cooling in fresh water

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you coul contact March and have a custom set of pulleys made for your motor. you could also run a long-shaft pulley with a spacer.

you could even run a Mezzier electric water pump and free up some HP as well.

Volphin

Lieutenant
I had to shim my pump pulley and crank pulley... no big deal. You can add some thicker pump gaskets too if needed. I'm running Al intake, circ pump, timing cover, valve covers and SS manifolds (6lbs ea.).