Where do I buy this sealant....

asm_

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm in the process of putting the exhaust manifold back together and there are few parts of it use the red color dry sealant. Does any one know where I can purchase this stuff?

See picture in the link.

Attachments

• photo213304.jpg
    photo213304.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 0

Fun Times

Staff member
Though the sealant you should be able to find either locally or can order through Merc, part number 92-809822 will be white in color, Loctite 567 Thread Sealant with PTFE is the one you'll find closest to the red sealant in the service manual...The red sealant that already comes on the fittings from mercruiser hasn't been published to my knowledge.
Description: Loctite 567 Thread Sealant is a high viscosity, low strength acrylic instant sealant for tapered and straight fittings. Its high lubricating properties prevent galling on stainless steel, aluminum and all other metal pipe threads and fittings. 50 mL Tube.

For some of your brass fuel fittings, use 592 Loctite pipe sealant with Teflon. You cannot buy Loctite 592 from Mercruiser... Only locally at an auto parts store.
Description: Loctite 592 Thread Sealant is a high viscosity, medium strength thread sealing adhesive that prevents galling on pipe threads and fittings. It is typically used in applications that require temperatures up to 204 ?C and is not recommended for use on plastic piping. 50 mL Tube.
Avoid gasoline fire or explosion. Improper installation of brass fittings or plugs into fuel pump or fuel filter base can crack casting and/or cause a fuel leak.
? Apply #592 Loctite Pipe Sealant with Teflon to threads of brass fitting or plug. DO NOT USE TEFLON TAPE.
? Thread brass fitting or plug into fuel pump or fuel filter base until finger tight.
? Tighten fitting or plug an additional 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 turns using a wrench. DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
? Install fuel line. To prevent over-tightening, hold brass fitting with suitable wrench and tighten fuel line connectors securely.
? Check for fuel leaks.

An old reminder I ran across, http://forums.iboats.com/forum/engi...9811-can-you-identify-this-drain-plug-sealant

asm_

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks for the detail reply.

By the way, you have exceptional memory. The old you found was also from me from few years ago. The brass fitting shown in the old post is still sitting in my tool box. Thank again.

B